- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
Compliance Pages: Home Page | Current Student Athletes | Prospective Student Athletes | Message From The Athletic Director | Alumni, Boosters, Fans & Friends | Student Athlete Handbook | Compliance Corner
Binghamton University Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
Intercollegiate Athletics is an integral component of the educational experience at Binghamton University. The Department exists to provide all student-athletes an opportunity to achieve excellence in their academic, athletic, and personal pursuits. In this pursuit of excellence, the Department offers equitable opportunities for all student-athletes and embraces the NCAA principles of sportsmanship, integrity, amateurism, compliance, diversity and inclusion and institutional control.
As part of its mission, the Department embraces the following core values: Excellence, Integrity, and Service.
- Develop and sustain programs which help student-athletes achieve their maximum potential, athletically, academically and socially.
- Foster an environment which develops discipline, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Strive to promote an inclusive environment that enhances a diversified educational experience.
- Uphold the rules and regulations established by the NCAA, the America East Conference, The Colonial Athletic Association, the America Sky Conference, and other groups to which it belongs. In addition to these regulations, the student-athlete must abide by more rigorous standards imposed by the Department.
- Committed to the concept of institutional control, requiring appropriate participation in the development and review of athletic policies by the University President, the Faculty Senate, the Intercollegiate Athletics Board (IAB), The Intercollegiate Athletics Committee (IAC), as well as the Binghamton University Athletic Club, alumni, and other groups and individuals who represent the University for the governance of its intercollegiate and athletics program.
- Recruit and develop student-athletes who reflect positively upon the institution.
- Offer an athletics program that creates pride, school spirit and connectiveness to the University among faculty, staff, students, the community and alumni.
- Encourage opportunities for engagement in meaningful community service activities.
- Embrace opportunities to serve as ambassadors and role models.
Office of Compliance Mission Statement
The primary goal of the NCAA Rules Compliance Program at Binghamton University is to continue to develop and coordinate a comprehensive communication network, which attempts to identify and implement effective strategies for rules compliance in conjunction with current NCAA legislation. By developing an oversight structure, in cooperation with other institutional and athletics administrators and our coaching staff, the recruitment of prospective student-athletes, the certification of eligibility, the administration of financial aid, the oversight of extra benefits, and the administration of playing and practice seasons will be monitored and documented.
The Office of NCAA Compliance is committed to fostering an atmosphere of rules compliance and will continue to serve as a rules education resource tool for student-athletes, coaches, administrators, representatives of athletics interests and the campus community.
In addition, the NCAA Compliance Program is committed to the ongoing self-evaluation of Binghamton University’s athletic programs to ensure its continuous improvement within the context of the institutional mission, athletic department mission, and Article 2 of the NCAA Manual.