- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
Compliance Alumni, Boosters, Fans & Friends
Compliance Pages: Home Page | Current Student Athletes | Prospective Student Athletes | Message From The Athletic Director | Alumni, Boosters, Fans & Friends | Student Athlete Handbook | Compliance Corner
A Message to Supporters of Binghamton University Athletics
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, Binghamton University is responsible for insuring that its student-athletes, coaches, faculty and staff, and representatives of athletic interests abide by NCAA legislation.
The NCAA defines a "representative of athletics interests" as any individual who has ever:
- Participated in or has been a member of an agency or organization promoting Binghamton University’s intercollegiate athletics program
- Has made financial contributions to the athletics department or the Bearcat Athletic Fund
- Has assisted in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes to Binghamton University
- Has provided benefits to enrolled Binghamton University student-athletes or their families
- Has had any involvement in promoting Binghamton’s athletics program
Once a person is designated a "representative of athletics interests" they retain that designation indefinitely. NCAA rules hold Binghamton University responsible for all actions of its athletics representatives.
Any question or concerns you may have regarding your interactions with prospective and enrolled student athletes as a representative of athletics interests should be referred to David Eagan, Associate Athletic Director for Compliance, at 607-777-2798 or Bill Reardon, NCAA Compliance Assistant, at 607-777-5050. Any non-compliance in this area, either intentional or inadvertent, could result in eligibility sanctions being issued against both the student-athlete and the team from the NCAA. Part of the success of Binghamton University’s athletics program directly depends on the continued interests, support and cooperation of its representatives of athletic interest.