- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
Compliance Corner September 2011
Compliance Pages: Home Page | Current Student Athletes | Prospective Student Athletes | Message From The Athletic Director | Alumni, Boosters, Fans & Friends | Student Athlete Handbook | Compliance Corner
CONSULTANT, PROMOTION OR ENDORSEMENT FOR EVENTS OR ENTITIES RELATED TO PROSPECTS
New legislation adopted in January states that athletics department staff members may not:
- Serve as a consultant for a noninstitutional athletics event that primarily involves prospects.
- Endorse an event that primarily involves prospects.
- Promote or endorse a prospect’s team or coach.
- Promote or endorse an athletics facility that is primarily used by prospects.
Some examples of impermissible activities provided during the NCAA Regional Rules Seminar included:
- “Liking” a prospect’s team or coach’s Facebook page.
- Commenting on a prospect’s team or coach during an interview.