- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
Compliance Student Host Guidelines
Compliance Pages: Home Page | Current Student Athletes | Prospective Student Athletes | Message From The Athletic Director | Alumni, Boosters, Fans & Friends | Student Athlete Handbook | Compliance Corner
Coach’s Office Phone___________________________
Coach’s Home Phone___________________________
Prospective Student-Athlete Card
Your Host’s Name______________________________
Your Host’s Address___________________________
Your Host’s Phone #____________________________
Student-Athlete Host Information for Division I Athletics
- You may not serve as a student host as a freshman if you are a nonqualifier.
- The prospect may not participate in any physical activity in the sport for which he/she is being recruited, if it is arranged by the coach or observed by a coaching staff member.
- You should not allow recruiting conversations to occur between the prospect and a Binghamton University athletics booster. If an unplanned meeting does occur, only an exchange of greetings is permissible.
- Appropriate conduct is required by you, as defined in the University Rules and Expectations.
- The use of alcohol, illegal drugs, gambling/gaming activities, or the use of sex, strippers or gentlemen’s clubs or the equivalent as a recruiting device or form of entertainment, or any activity that violates criminal law is strictly prohibited.
- Confirm that the prospect knows how and where to reach you and/or the coach should you become separated.
- Prospects are not to be interviewed by any media while on their official visit.
- During an official visit, provided you accompany the prospect, the prospect’s parent(s)/legal guardian(s), and spouse, if applicable, you may purchase three meals per day for them. You may use the CrediDine card at participating on-campus dining facilities. You must return the CrediDine card to your coach, along with the receipts for all meals.
- During an official visit, Binghamton University can provide you with $30 per day to cover actual costs of entertaining a prospective student-athlete, their parents or legal guardians and the prospect’s spouse. Other students may assist with hosting the prospect but shall pay for their own entertainment. If you host more than one prospect on any day, you may receive an additional $15 per day for each additional prospect.
- During an official visit, when entertaining, you must stay within a 30-mile radius of the University.
- During an official visit, you may not use the entertainment money to purchase souvenirs or merchandise of any kind for either of you.
I certify that I have read the instructions above. I also understand that failure to abide by these rules and policies will result in disciplinary action, which may include, but not limited to, institutional sanctions. I also acknowledge:
____I received the CrediDine card to purchase meals for this official visit.
____I received $______for entertainment for this official visit.
Upon return of the CrediDine card, complete the following:
I certify that my sport CrediDine card was returned, along with receipts for all meals indicating the names of everyone for whom a meal was purchased, and the relationship of each person to the prospect.
IMPORTANT PHONE NUMBERS
Host Contact #__________________________
Coach’s Office Phone____________________
Coach’s Home Phone #__________________
BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY HOST
The use of alcohol, illegal drugs, gambling/gaming activities, or the use of sex, strippers or gentlemen’s clubs or the equivalent as a recruiting device or form of entertainment, or any activity that violates criminal law is strictly prohibited.