- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
10 Questions For: Mikala King
Our weekly chat with a veteran player on the BU softball team
February 26, 2014Tweet
Each week during the 2014 season, we will take a closer look at one of the BU softball veterans. We continue this week with senior Mikala King.
1. FIRST MEMORY OF PLAYING SOFTBALL
I was the only eight-year old on my sister’s U-12 team. I would beg my dad to pitch but I mostly sat the bench. I was still really happy to be there.
2. WHAT I SEE MYSELF DOING AFTER BINGHAMTON
Something in the field of health education.
3. WHO HAS HAD THE GREAT IMPACT ON MY LIFE
My mom, dad and sisters.
4. MY BEST NON-ATHLETIC TALENT
5. PRE-GAME RITUALS
Checking my bag 6,000 times for my uniforms, glove and cleats before we get on the bus.
6. THE REASON I WEAR MY JERSEY NUMBER
My birthday is on the 21st
7. THE TEAMMATE THAT WILL BE MOST SUCCESSFUL AFTER COLLEGE
8. I CHOSE TO COME TO BINGHAMTON BECAUSE
I grew up in the area and loved it. I wasn’t ready to leave my family.
9. WHAT I LIKE BEST ABOUT THE BINGHAMTON SOFTBALL FACILITY
Being close to all of the other fields!
10. THE THING THAT STANDS OUT MOST ABOUT THE BINGHAMTON COACHING STAFF
They will strap on the catchers equipment just about every day during practice.
PREVIOUS 10 QUESTIONS