- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
Men’s tennis falls to Illinois State 6-1
Bearcats (5-6) host Dartmouth tonight at 5 p.m. at Binghamton Tennis Center
March 2, 2012Tweet
Contact: John Hartrick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BINGHAMTON, N.Y.—Visiting Illinois State (5-4) grabbed the doubles point and then won five of six singles matches to defeat Binghamton (5-6) late Friday night at the Binghamton Tennis Center. The Redbirds took two of three doubles contests to gain the first point. Then in singles, Illinois State rolled to straight-set wins at the top five positions.
Binghamton earned its lone team point with senior No. 6 Rafael Rodrigues posted a 6-0, 6-3 win over Jordan Badenko. Earler, Rodrigues paired with Alper Alimoglu to win their match at No. 3 doubles, 8-5.
The Bearcats will host Ivy League member Dartmouth Saturday night at 5 p.m. at the BTC.
Illinois State 6, Binghamton 1
1. Alexander Pelaez (ILS) def. Alexandre Haggai (BU) 6-1, 6-1
2. Skip Span (ILS) def. Ruben Devos (BU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Tuomas Manner (ILS) def. Robin Lesage (BU) 6-4, 6-2
4. Juuso Ojanen (ILS) def. Ismael Dinia (BU) 6-4, 6-4
5. Willi Peter (ILS) def. Ruben Haggai (BU) 6-4, 6-2
6. Rafael Rodrigues (BU) def. Jordan Badenko (ILS) 6-0, 6-3
1. Muddappa Appanervand/Willi Peter (ILS) def. Ruben Devos/Bastian Bomkessel (BU) 8-6
2. Alexander Pelaez/Juuso Ojanen (ILS) def. Ismael Dinia/Alexandre Haggai (BU) 8-1
3. Rafael Rodrigues/Alper Alimoglu (BU) def. Tuomas Manner/Skip Span (ILS) 8-5