- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
Men’s tennis rolls past Bryant 7-0
Bearcats notch third win of spring season
February 3, 2013Tweet
Contact: John Hartrick (email@example.com)
PROVIDENCE, R.I.—Binghamton men’s tennis (3-2) captured the doubles point and took all six singles matches to defeat Bryant 7-0 Sunday afternoon at Brown’s Paul Bailey Pizzitola Memorial Sports Center. It was the second-straight shutout for the Bearcats, who were pushed to three sets in two of the singles matches but prevailed in each.
Sophomore No. 1 Robin Lesage dropped his first set but battled back for a 3-6, 6-4, 6-1 win to improve to 4-1 in duals. Freshman Sid Hazarika moved up to the third spot and went three sets in a hard-fought 6-3, 4-6, 6-4 win. Hazarika also moved to 4-1 early in his collegiate career.
“We played better doubles today,” head coach Adam Cohen said. “Some other guys stepped into the lineup and did a good job (Nambi and Hureau) and that was nice to see. We will need a good week of practice because we have two tough matches at Dartmouth next weekend.”
Binghamton will next face Dartmouth (Feb. 8) and Boston College (Feb. 9) at the Boss Tennis Center and Gordon Pavilion in Hanover, N.H.
Binghamton 7, Bryant 0
1. Bastian Bornkessel/Dinia (BU) def. Gonzalez-Paz/Arguello (Bryant), 8-2
2. Lesage/Hureau (BU) led Vogt/Parziale (Bryant), 7-4
3. Hazarika/Nambi (BU) def. Morris/Rubinstein (Bryant), 8-3
1. Robin Lesage (BU) def. Zachary Morris (Bryant), 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
2. Ismael Dinia (BU) def. Max Vogt (Bryant), 7-5, 6-2
3. Sid Hazarika (BU) def. Dana Parziale (Bryant), 6-3, 4-6, 6-4
4. Ruben Haggai (BU) def. Ernesto Arguello (Bryant), 6-4, 7-5
5. Ashwin Nambi (BU) def. Vidith Huot (Bryant), 6-4, 7-5
6. Eliott Hureau (BU) def. Juan Gonzalez-Paz (Bryant), 6-2, 6-3