- Fan Zone
- Inside Athletics
Men’s tennis handles Stony Brook and Hartford
Bearcats beat Seawolves 4-1, blank Hawks 7-0 to reach 14 wins
April 18, 2014Tweet
Contact: John Hartrick (email@example.com)
LONG ISLAND, N.Y. - Binghamton men’s tennis (14-10) made it three straight wins over America East foes when the Bearcats notched victories over host Stony Brook (4-1) and Hartford (7-0) on Friday. The two results give BU four wins in its last six matches heading into tomorrow’s home tilt against Penn - the team’s final dual of the year.
Against the Seawolves, BU grabbed the doubles point with wins at the first and third positions and then captured three of the first four completed singles matches to clinch the team win. The matches at fourth and fifth singles were suspended with BU ahead a set in each after the team outcome was decided.
In the Hartford match, Hazarika and Lesage dropped three combined games at the top two spots. Sophomore Eliott Hureau played third singles and won his match 6-2, 6-2. Van Kann finished a 2-0 day with a 6-0, 6-2 triumph at No. 4.
Binghamton 4, Stony Brook 1
1. Alexander Maisin/Aswin Nambi (BU) def. Raphael Termat/Tyler Hoffman (SB), 8-4
2. Marcelo Locatelli/Vinicius Degani (SB) def. Eliott Hureau/Janik Burri (BU), 8-4
3. Sid Hazarika/Ismael Dinia (BU) def. Brandan Stone/Alex Felisa (SB), 8-7
1. Sid Hazarika (BU) def. Alex Felisa (SB), 6-4, 6-4
2. Raphael Termat (SB) def. Alexander Maisin (BU), 6-3, 6-3
3. Robin Lesage (BU) def. Jose Morales (SB), 6-1, 6-2
4. Ismael Dinia (BU) led Tyler Hoffman (SB), 6-3, 6-6 susp.
5. Eliott Hureau (BU) led Marcelo Locatelli (SB), 7-6, 1-2 susp.
6. Florian van Kann (BU) def. Brandon Stone (SB), 6-2, 6-0
Binghamton 7, Hartford 0
1. Eliott Hureau/Janik Burri (BU) def. Jordan Badenko/Nicholas Sharwarko (H), 8-1
2. Sid Hazarika/Ismael Dinia (BU) led Alex Holdstein/Jan Molina (H), 7-4
3. Florian van Kann/Aswin Nambi (BU) def. Harrison Max/Luis Montes (H), 8-1
1. Sid Hazarika (BU) def. Jordan Badenko (H), 6-1, 6-1
2. Robin Lesage (BU) def. Nicholas Sharwarko (H), 6-0, 6-1
3. Eliott Hureau (BU) def. Alex Holdstein (H), 6-2, 6-2
4. Florian van Kann (BU) def. Jan Molina (H), 6-0, 6-2
5. Janik Burri (BU) def. Harrison Max (H), 6-1, 6-0
6. Aswin Nambi (BU) def. Morgan White (H), 6-1, 6-3