Immediate Release: April 9, 2009
Contact: John Hartrick (email@example.com)
BU men's tennis defeats College of Charleston 5-2
PLEASANT, S.C. -- Binghamton men's tennis (12-6) won five of
the six singles matches to roll over College of Charleston (7-13)
5-2 Thursday afternoon at the CofC Tennis Center at Patriots
Point. The Bearcats were playing without their top player, Moshe
Levy, who is nursing an injury.
Sven Vloedgraven and freshman
Gilbert Wong continued their singles
success. Vloedgraven posted a 6-2, 6-4 win at No. 1 singles,
raising his overall record to 23-9. For the second straight day,
Wong went to three sets before notching a victory at No. 3 singles.
He is 29-7 overall.
plays its 18th consecutive away match on Saturday, facing St.
John's, which was ranked ninth in the Northeast Region last spring.
5, College of Charleston 2
Mickael Trintignac/Mickael Boyer (CC) def. Vloedgraven/Wong (BU),
2. Tom Delme/Steven Myers (CC) def. Jain/Haggai (BU), 8-6
3. Algier/Andreas Danielsson (BU) def. Bobby Crouch/Joe Nicolazzi
Sven Vloedgraven (BU) def. Tom Delme (CC), 6-2, 6-4
2. Mickael Trintignac (CC) def. Arnav Jain (BU), 6-4, 7-6
3. Gilbert Wong (BU) def. Mickael Boyer (CC), 6-3, 1-6, 6-3
4. Alexandre Haggai (BU) def. Joe Nicolazzi (CC), 7-5, 6-2
5. Rafael Rodrigues (BU) def. Bobby Crouch (CC), 6-1, 6-2
6. Evan Algier (BU) def. Christopher Toussain (CC), 6-3, 6-2