Immediate Release: March 29, 2009
Contact: John Hartrick (firstname.lastname@example.org)
BU men's tennis handles Georgetown 6-1
D.C. -- Binghamton men's tennis (11-4) rolled to a 6-1 win over
host Georgetown Sunday afternoon at the McDonough Tennis Complex.
Even resting their No. 1 player Moshe Levy, the Bearcats swept
the doubles matches before winning five of six singles contests.
It was the team's sixth win in its last seven matches.
Gilbert Wong improved to 27-6 overall
with a straight-set win at second singles. Sophomores Sven
Vloedgraven and Arnav Jain earned
their 21st and 20th singles wins respectively.
hosts Marist on Thursday at the West Gym Courts.
6, Georgetown 1
Vloedgraven/Wong (BU) def. Tillem/Clarke (G), 8-4
2. Jain/Haggai (BU) def. Bruhn/Tomczyk (G), 8-5
3. Algier/Andreas Danielsson (BU) def. Gross/Walsh (G), 9-8
1. Sven Vloedgraven (BU) def. David Tillem (G),6-3, 6-1
2. Gilbert Wong (BU) def. Michael Clarke (G), 6-4, 6-1
3. Arnav Jain (BU) def. Adam Gross (G), 6-0, 6-2
4. Alexandre Haggai (BU) def. Andrew Bruhn (G), 6-2, 6-3
5. Rafael Rodrigues (BU) def. Tim Walsh (G), 6-7, 6-2, 10-3
6. Mieszko Tomczyk (G) def. Evan Algier (BU), 2-6, 7-5, 10-4