Immediate Release: March 6, 2010
Contact: John Hartrick (email@example.com)
BU men's tennis defeats Princeton 4-3
N.J. -- Binghamton men's tennis (7-1) dropped the doubles point
but won four of the six singles matches to defeat host Princeton
(2-6) 4-3 Saturday afternoon from Jadwin Gym. The Bearcats are
ranked No. 3 in the Northeast and have won seven of their eight
duals this season.
No. 1 Sven Vloedgraven and sophomore
No. 4 Gilbert Wong posted an 8-6 win
at first doubles before each won his singles match. Vloedgraven,
ranked No. 117 in the country, lost just one game in his triumph.
Wong won in straight sets at fourth singles.
next faces St. John's at noon Sunday at Cornell's Reis Tennis
4, Princeton 3
Vloedgraven/Wong (B) def. Shoji/Siow (P), 8-6
2. Lin/Spindler (P) def. Haggai/Levy (B), 8-6
3. Coleman Crutchfield/Alex Faust (P) def. Bornkessel/Devos (B),
1. (117) Sven Vloedgraven (B) def. Charlie Brosens (P), 6-1,
2. Matt Siow (P) def. Alexandre Haggai (B), 6-4, 6-2
3. Moshe Levy (B) def. Matt Spindler (P), 6-2, 6-4
4. Gilbert Wong (B) def. Yohei Shoji (P), 6-3, 6-2
5. Arnav Jain (B) def. Ravi Yegya-Raman (P), 6-3, 6-3
6. Ryan Kim (P) def. Bastian Bornkessel (B), 7-6(5), 6-4