Immediate Release: April 5, 2007
Contact: David O'Brian (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Women's tennis concludes spring trip with 8-1 win over Palm Beach Atlantic
PALM BEACH, Fla..-- Binghamton (11-2) defeated Palm Beach Atlantic (7-12) 8-1 in the final match of its spring break trip on Thursday afternoon. With the victory, the Bearcats end their spring trip with a 2-1 record.
Because Palm Beach Atlantic is a Division II team, each of the doubles matches were worth one point. The Bearcats started off the day winning at first and second doubles and won by default at third doubles.
Senior Lya Kushnirovich (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and sophomore Juliana Umeki (Mogi de Cruises, Brazil) defeated Brooke Nord and Natalie Aleman at first doubles 8-6. Kushnirovich went on to defeat Aleman 6-1, 6-0 at second singles while Umeki beat Katie Livesay 6-0, 6-0 at third singles.
At second doubles, senior Zeynep Altinay (Ankara, Turkey) and freshman Erica Rosenblum (Albany, N.Y.) defeated Livesay and Rachel Renaud 6-1.
Freshman Danyelle Shapiro (Boca Raton, Fla.) defeated Christina Brown 6-2, 6-2 at No. 4 singles. The Bearcats won at fifth and sixth singles by default.
Binghamton resumes its conference schedule at UMBC next Saturday at 10:30 a.m.
1. Brooke Nord (PBA) def. Zeynep Altinay (BING) 6-0, 6-2
2. Lya Kushnirovich (BING) def. Natalie Aleman (PBA) 6-1, 6-0
3. Juliana Umeki (BING) def. Katie Livesay (PBA) 6-0, 6-0
4. Danyelle Shapiro (BING) def. Christina Brown (PBA) 6-2, 6-2
5. Erica Rosenblum (BING) wins by default
6. Nicole Scarangella (BING) wins by default
1. Umeki & Kushnirovich (BING) def. Nord & Aleman (PBA) 8-6
2. Altinay & Rosenblum (BING) def. Livesay & Renaud (PBA) 8-1
2. Scarangella & Shapiro (BING) win by default (PBA)
Sports Men: Baseball | Basketball | Cross Country | Golf | Lacrosse | Soccer | Swimming and Diving | Tennis | Track and Field | Wrestling |
Sports Women: Basketball | Cross Country | Lacrosse | Soccer | Softball | Swimming and Diving | Tennis | Track and Field | Volleyball |
No portion of this site may be reproduced or duplicated without the permission of Binghamton University.